I'm Koen Deschacht, passionate software developer and entrepreneur with a background in natural language processing and machine learning.
I live in Antwerp, Belgium.
You can reach me at [email protected]
_gmail.com_ (without the underscores), or have a look here:
- my curriculum vitae (50kB pdf)
- Stepwise, a smart digital coach that helps runners follow a personalized training schedule
- Scriptbook, a start-up in Antwerp that uses AI to predict critical and financial success of movies
- NoisyChannels, a start-up in Leuven that uses AI to structure information flows between teams
- RestYourDroid, a REST API for Android devices
- Terashare, an application to send huge files
- count-db, a very fast key-value store that outperforms levelDB, kyoto cabinet or rocksdb
- my phd (2.2MB pdf) about weakly supervised methods for information extraction (presentation)
- x-spell.be (site might be down) a new spell checker for Dutch that also corrects spelling in names and technical words, and will soon also check for grammatical errors such as dt-errors
- Foreach, my former employer where I helped creating websites such as tijd.be and resto.be
- my bike trip to Iran and back